2017 has only just begun and with new year’s resolutions still top of mind, we at 829 Studios think now’s the perfect time to take a fresh look at your marketing strategies. If driving conversions tops your 2017 goals, we strongly recommend you give live chat a closer look.
Does it really work?
As any good marketing professional knows, engaging users at the right place and time can dramatically improve your conversions. Keeping that in mind, live chat might be one of the best ways for your business to interact directly with your customers at the most opportune point in time.
Your first thought when you hear the phrase “live chat” might be, “not a chance that works” or “great, more annoying popups on my website, no thanks.” But the numbers tell a different story — just take a look at some of these stats, courtesy of Happy Fox Chat:
- 42% of users say they preferred live chat to receive customer support, higher than any other support method.
- 73% of respondents feel satisfied after using live chat, higher than any other form of customer support including phone or social media.
- 44% of users believe that one of the most important features that a website could offer was having a live person answer their questions during an online purchase.
- 94% of users who were proactively invited to a chat were pleased with their live chat experience.
- 62% of users were (more) likely to purchase products online if live customer support is available.
- The ability to chat with someone in real time has been found to reduce cart abandonment by up to 30%.
- 63% of respondents reported that they are more likely to return to a site that provides live chat.
(Almost) Instant Return
- 60% of users said that they abhorred waiting longer than a minute for a reply to their inquiries.
- 79% of respondents said they appreciated live chat because they received quick answers to their questions.
Oftentimes our daily interactions online can be disingenuous, but live chat gives you the opportunity to connect directly with your customers in a targeted and highly personalized way. While it may not be the solution for everyone, we certainly believe live chat’s worth your while considering.